We will get you what you need. Complete the form below and watch how quickly we get back to you!×
Complete the form below and watch how quickly we get back to you!×
Select a Safe, Reputable Storage Facility
Whether you’re storing family heirlooms or old furniture, security should be your primary concern when selecting a rental storage unit. Things to look for include:
– Gated facilities
– 24/7 security cameras or guards
– Keypad access or locks with short arms to prevent bolt cutting
– Backup alarms in case of burglary
Thoughtful packing is essential to ensure that your storage items stay in good shape and are easy to access when you need them. These steps will help you pack like a pro:
– Use bubble wrap to protect all fragile items.
– Use appropriate protectants, conditioners or polishes on any furniture and cover with a sheet.
– If possible, dismantle furniture to save space.
– Hang clothes in a wardrobe box. Storage bins can trap moisture and breed mildew.
– Fill boxes to capacity for sturdiness.
– Place items on pallets to protect from flooding.
– Pack heaviest boxes at the bottom and lighter ones on top.
– Label boxes and leave a center aisle for easier access.
Make Sure You’re Covered
Your full storage unit may contain thousands of dollars worth of property, so proper insurance coverage is crucial. Most homeowners and renters policies provide coverage for items stored away from your home, but most won’t cover flood damage. Consider purchasing a personal articles policy for valuables and larger ticket items. Contact your insurance broker to determine the coverage that’s right for you.